Saturday, December 20, 2025

I’ll Quit Politics After My Governorship, Otti Insists

 Abia State Governor, Dr. Alex Otti, has reiterated his decision to retire from active politics after completing his tenure as governor, dismissing speculations that he harbours ambitions for higher political offices.

Governor Otti made the clarification while responding to claims suggesting he may be positioning himself for a presidential or senatorial run in the future. He described such reports as unfounded and misleading, stressing that his focus remains solely on delivering good governance to the people of Abia State.

“I have said it repeatedly and I will say it again: after my governorship, I will quit politics,” Otti stated. “I have no ambition to contest for president, senator, or any other political office.”



The governor explained that his entry into politics was driven by a desire to serve and effect positive change, not by a lifelong pursuit of political power. According to him, public service should be about impact and legacy rather than personal ambition.

Otti emphasized that his administration is committed to rebuilding Abia’s economy, infrastructure, and institutions, adding that he intends to devote his remaining time in office to consolidating reforms and fulfilling campaign promises.

“I want to be remembered for the work we did—how we restored accountability, improved infrastructure, and improved the lives of our people—not for how long I stayed in politics,” he said.

The Abia governor urged supporters and the general public to disregard distractions and focus on the administration’s ongoing projects and policies aimed at sustainable development.

Since assuming office, Otti has earned public attention for fiscal reforms, infrastructure renewal, and efforts to reposition Abia State for economic growth. He reaffirmed that completing his mandate successfully remains his top priority, insisting that he has no plans beyond his current role.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Veteran Nollywood stars Sola Sobowale and Kanayo O. Kanayo have been honoured with the Industry Merit Awards at the Africa Magic Viewers' Choice Awards in recognition of their outstanding contributions to the Nigerian film industry.

  Veteran Nollywood stars Sola Sobowale and Kanayo O. Kanayo have been honoured with the Industry Merit Awards at the Africa Magic Viewers...